Greek Chicken Pasta is a delectable dish that belongs to the Greek cuisine. This fusion dish combines the flavors of Greece with the heartiness of pasta, resulting in a unique and satisfying meal. One of the peculiarities of Greek Chicken Pasta is the use of traditional Greek ingredients such as feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and fresh herbs like oregano and parsley. These ingredients give the dish its distinct Mediterranean taste and aroma.
Greek Chicken Pasta is often cooked during family gatherings and special occasions, as it is a crowd-pleaser that appeals to both adults and children alike. The dish is typically prepared by sautéing chicken pieces with garlic and onions, then adding cooked pasta and a flavorful combination of tomatoes, olives, and spices. The result is a harmonious blend of flavors that is both tangy and savory.
When it comes to taste and aroma, Greek Chicken Pasta offers a delightful experience for the senses. The combination of juicy chicken, tangy tomatoes, briny olives, and creamy feta cheese creates a symphony of flavors that are both refreshing and comforting. The aroma of the dish is fragrant and inviting, with hints of garlic, herbs, and tomatoes wafting through the air.
In terms of texture, Greek Chicken Pasta offers a pleasing contrast. The tender chicken pieces, al dente pasta, and crunchy Kalamata olives provide a variety of textures that make each bite interesting. The creaminess of the feta cheese adds a smooth element to the dish, enhancing the overall eating experience.
Greek Chicken Pasta is not only delicious but also offers several features and usefulness. Firstly, it is a versatile dish that can be served as a main course or as a side dish alongside grilled meats or seafood. It can also be customized to accommodate various dietary preferences by substituting ingredients or adjusting the spice level. Additionally, Greek Chicken Pasta is a balanced meal that provides a good source of protein from the chicken, carbohydrates from the pasta, and essential nutrients from the vegetables and herbs. It is a wholesome and satisfying option for those looking for a flavorful and nutritious meal.
Large pot: You’ll need a large pot to cook the pasta. Make sure it’s big enough to hold the pasta and allow room for it to cook properly.
Colander: A colander is essential for draining the cooked pasta. It helps to remove excess water, leaving you with perfectly cooked al dente pasta.
Frying pan: You’ll need a frying pan to cook the chicken. Opt for a non-stick pan to prevent the chicken from sticking and ensure easy cleanup.
Tongs: Tongs are handy for flipping the chicken while cooking. They offer a secure grip, allowing you to handle the chicken with ease and avoid any accidents.
Knife: A sharp knife is crucial for slicing the chicken into bite-sized pieces. It helps you achieve even cuts, ensuring that the chicken cooks evenly.
Cutting board: Use a cutting board to provide a stable surface for cutting the chicken. Opt for a durable and easy-to-clean cutting board to make your prep work more efficient.
Garlic press: A garlic press is a convenient tool for mincing garlic. It saves time and effort compared to chopping garlic by hand, allowing you to infuse the dish with delicious garlicky flavor.
Grater: A grater comes in handy for grating fresh Parmesan cheese. It helps you achieve a fine texture, allowing the cheese to melt beautifully over the pasta.
Wooden spoon: A wooden spoon is a versatile utensil for stirring and mixing ingredients. It won’t scratch the surface of your cookware and is ideal for gently combining the pasta with the sauce.
Serving platter: Finally, you’ll need a beautiful serving platter to present your Greek Chicken Pasta dish. Choose one that complements the colors and flavors of the dish, enhancing the overall dining experience.
- Optional but highly recommended:
Chef’s hat: Donning a chef’s hat adds a touch of culinary flair to your cooking experience. It boosts confidence in the kitchen and makes you feel like a true Greek chef!
Greek music: Create an authentic atmosphere by playing traditional Greek music in the background. Let the lively melodies transport you to the picturesque streets of Athens as you prepare your delicious Greek Chicken Pasta.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now that we have gathered all the necessary ingredients, let’s dive into preparing this delectable Greek Chicken Pasta dish. Begin by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly greasing a baking sheet.
In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Rub this delightful mixture all over the chicken breasts, ensuring they are coated evenly. Place the seasoned chicken on the prepared baking sheet and pop it into the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and tender.
While the chicken is sizzling away in the oven, let’s move on to preparing the other components of our dish. Cook the penne pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, sliced Kalamata olives, crumbled feta cheese, and chopped fresh parsley. These vibrant ingredients will add a burst of color and flavor to our dish, transporting us straight to the sunny shores of Greece.
Next, let’s whisk together the dressing. In a separate bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Give it a good mix until all the flavors meld together harmoniously.
Once the chicken is cooked to perfection, remove it from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, slice it into thin strips or bite-sized pieces, whichever tempts your taste buds more.
Now it’s time to bring everything together. In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked penne pasta, the glorious tomato-olive-feta mixture, and the succulent slices of chicken. Drizzle the dressing over the top and gently toss everything together, ensuring each ingredient gets coated in the divine flavors of Greece.
Serve this Greek Chicken Pasta dish warm or chilled, depending on your preference. Whether enjoyed as a delightful lunch or a satisfying dinner, this Mediterranean-inspired creation is sure to transport your taste buds to the sun-kissed coastal villages of Greece. So grab a fork and indulge in this tantalizing blend of flavors that will make you feel like you’re dining by the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean Sea. Opa!
Recipe Greek Chicken Pasta
- Preparation Time:
- Chopping the vegetables and marinating the chicken may take around 20 minutes.
- Boiling the pasta takes about 10 minutes.
- Overall, the preparation time for Greek Chicken Pasta is approximately 30 minutes.
- Sautéing the marinated chicken in a pan along with the vegetables and spices takes about 15 minutes.
- The pasta needs to be cooked for about 10 minutes until al dente.
- Overall, the cooking time for Greek Chicken Pasta is approximately 25 minutes.
- Considering both the preparation and cooking time, the total time required for Greek Chicken Pasta is approximately 55 minutes.
- Greek Chicken Pasta is a delightful dish originating from Greece, a country renowned for its rich culinary heritage.
- The combination of tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and flavorful herbs and spices reflects the essence of Greek cuisine.
- With its Mediterranean influence, this dish captures the essence of Greek flavors and brings them to your plate.
1. Begin by heating a large pot of water on the stove over high heat. Add a generous amount of salt to the water to season the pasta as it cooks.
2. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the chicken. Start by seasoning it with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of dried oregano. Make sure to coat both sides of each chicken breast evenly.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the seasoned chicken breasts into the skillet. Cook them for about 5-6 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
4. While the chicken is cooking, finely chop a red onion and mince several cloves of garlic. Set them aside for later use.
5. Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set it aside on a cutting board to rest for a few minutes. After it has rested, slice the chicken into thin strips.
6. In the same skillet used to cook the chicken, add another drizzle of olive oil if needed. Toss in the chopped red onion and minced garlic. Sauté them until they become fragrant and start to soften.
7. As the onion and garlic cook, slice some sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips and roughly chop a handful of kalamata olives.
8. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives to the skillet with the onion and garlic. Stir everything together and cook for another minute or two to allow the flavors to meld.
9. At this point, your water should be boiling. Add your desired amount of pasta to the pot and cook it according to the package instructions until al dente.
10. While the pasta cooks, return your sliced chicken to the skillet with the onion, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives. Mix everything together, allowing the chicken to heat through.
11. Drain the cooked pasta once it is done and transfer it to a large serving bowl. Pour the chicken mixture over the pasta and toss everything together until well combined.
12. Finally, crumble some feta cheese over the top of the pasta dish, and if desired, sprinkle some fresh herbs such as parsley or basil for added flavor and presentation.
13. Serve your delicious Greek chicken pasta warm, and enjoy this flavorful Mediterranean-inspired dish!
- The Greek Chicken Pasta dish contains approximately 450 calories per serving.
- Each serving of this delicious meal provides a generous amount of protein, delivering around 25 grams to help support muscle growth and repair.
- This delectable pasta dish consists of a moderate amount of carbohydrates, contributing to about 50 grams per serving. These carbs provide energy to fuel your day and keep you feeling satisfied.
- The Greek Chicken Pasta contains a healthy dose of fats, with approximately 15 grams per serving. These fats come from sources like olive oil and olives, providing essential nutrients for your body.
- Indulging in this delightful dish will also grant you a decent amount of fiber, with around 6 grams per serving. Fiber aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy gut.
Vitamins and Minerals
- The Greek Chicken Pasta is packed with an array of vitamins and minerals. It contains vitamin C from the fresh tomatoes, vitamin A from the spinach, and calcium from the feta cheese.
- In addition, this dish offers iron from the chicken, potassium from the olives, and magnesium from the whole wheat pasta, contributing to a well-rounded nutritional profile.
- The combination of colorful vegetables and herbs in this Greek Chicken Pasta provides a rich source of antioxidants. These powerful compounds help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
So, go ahead and savor this Greek Chicken Pasta dish knowing that you’re not only treating your taste buds but also nourishing your body with a variety of essential nutrients.
Ideas for serving
– One way to serve Greek Chicken Pasta is by starting with a bed of warm, al dente pasta. The choice of pasta can vary depending on personal preference, but options such as penne or fusilli work well to hold onto the delicious flavors of the dish.
– Next, generously spoon the flavorful Greek chicken over the pasta. This chicken is marinated in a tantalizing blend of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and aromatic herbs like oregano and thyme. It’s then grilled to perfection, resulting in tender and juicy morsels with a delightful charred flavor.
– To enhance the Mediterranean vibes of the dish, scatter some vibrant cherry tomatoes across the plate. These little bursts of sweetness add a refreshing element and lend a pop of color to the overall presentation.
– Crumbling some tangy feta cheese over the Greek Chicken Pasta takes it to another level. The creamy and salty cheese complements the zesty flavors of the dish, creating a harmonious balance that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
– For an extra punch of freshness, sprinkle some chopped cucumbers and red onions on top. These crunchy and crisp ingredients add a delightful texture to every bite and infuse the dish with their own unique flavors.
– Now, it’s time to bring in some earthy and briny notes with the addition of Kalamata olives. These small, dark olives are packed with rich flavor, providing a subtle tanginess that perfectly complements the other components of the Greek Chicken Pasta.
– Finally, finish off this masterpiece by drizzling a light and tangy dressing over everything. A classic Greek dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, and a touch of honey brings all the elements together, tying the dish into a harmonious symphony of flavors.
– To garnish, sprinkle some fresh parsley or dill on top. Not only do these herbs add a pop of green, but they also contribute their own unique aromas, elevating the overall sensory experience.
– Serve the Greek Chicken Pasta immediately while still warm, allowing all the flavors to meld together. This dish is perfect for a cozy family dinner or for entertaining guests, as it’s both comforting and impressive in its presentation.
– Pair it with a glass of chilled white wine, such as a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or a fruity Moscato, to enhance the Mediterranean experience. The combination of flavors and textures in this Greek Chicken Pasta will transport you to sunny Greece with every bite, leaving you craving for more.
Storing the dish
To store your delectable Greek Chicken Pasta and savor its flavors for later, follow these simple steps:
1. Allow it to cool: Before storing your Greek Chicken Pasta, let it cool down to room temperature. This will prevent condensation from forming inside the container and ensure the dish stays fresh.
2. Choose the right container: Opt for airtight containers or sealable plastic bags to store your pasta. These will help maintain the dish’s freshness and prevent any unwanted odors from seeping in or mingling with the delightful aroma of the Greek seasonings.
3. Portion it out: If you have a large batch of Greek Chicken Pasta, consider dividing it into smaller portions before storing. This allows for easier reheating and avoids any unnecessary wastage when you only need a portion at a time.
4. Label and date: Once your pasta is neatly packed, don’t forget to label each container or bag with the date of preparation. This way, you’ll know how long it has been stored and can keep track of its freshness.
5. Refrigerate or freeze: Depending on your plans, you can either refrigerate or freeze your Greek Chicken Pasta. If you intend to consume it within the next three to four days, refrigeration is the way to go. However, if you want to enjoy it at a later time, freezing is your best option.
- Refrigeration: Place your sealed containers or bags in the refrigerator, ensuring they are not stacked on top of each other. The temperature should be set at or below 40°F (4°C) to keep the pasta safe from spoilage.
- Freezing: For longer-term storage, freezing is ideal. Transfer your Greek Chicken Pasta into freezer-safe containers or resealable freezer bags, squeezing out any excess air before sealing. Remember to leave some room for expansion as the pasta freezes. Store it in the freezer at a temperature of 0°F (-18°C) or below.
6. Reheating options: When the time comes to enjoy your stored Greek Chicken Pasta, you have a few reheating options available:
- Stovetop: Reheat your pasta in a saucepan over medium heat. Add a splash of water or broth to prevent it from drying out, and stir occasionally until it’s heated through.
- Microwave: Place a portion of your Greek Chicken Pasta in a microwave-safe dish and cover it to retain moisture. Heat in short intervals, stirring in between, until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Oven: For larger portions, preheat your oven to around 350°F (175°C). Transfer the pasta into an oven-safe dish, cover it with foil, and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
7. Garnish and serve: Once your Greek Chicken Pasta is heated to perfection, feel free to garnish it with some fresh herbs like parsley or basil. Serve it alongside a crisp salad or even some warm garlic bread for a complete and satisfying meal.
Now that you know the art of storing your delicious Greek Chicken Pasta, you can enjoy its delightful flavors any time you desire. Bon appétit!